This kicks major ass.
Let’s make a list of things on my plate right now:
- Graduate School. Just received notification that I was accepted into the SJSU Graduate Program for the School and Library and Information Science (SLIS) for Spring 2011
- Freelance Design. Going to start consistently freelancing for a local social media company, designing logos and branding for doctors, dentists, plastic surgeons, etc.
- Volunteering. Designing a tumblr/blog for the Animal Shelter and volunteering for their events
- More Volunteering. Training to become a BookLegger, which entails reading a million children’s books so I can go into classrooms and talk to kids about reading
- Job Interviews. Right now I’m waiting for my final Americorps interview to see if I’m going to get a job working in LA
- Real job. Oh and did I also mention I’m still working 40hrs a week on top of this?
If you never see me or when you do see me I look like I’m about to keel over at any second, you’ll know why.
Where the King is a heart
My heart is King
The King of
Hearts.” —Sunset Rubdown, Black Swan
Franzen is allowing Freedom to be an Oprah book club choice. After all the drama for declining the offer to make The Corrections an Oprah book nine years ago, how is this not supposed to come across as selling out considering having your book Oprah-endorsed guarantees it will be a best seller?
If I were to edit this quote, it would be to more clearly communicate the context in which I first heard it. “We tell ourselves stories [about ourselves] in order to live.”
that in approximately 3 months I will be pursuing one of these three options:
a.) grad school
b.) a job
c.) a year of paid volunteer work
Each of these possibilities is entirely plausable and now I just have to bide my time, follow up on interviews, etc. Any case shall allow me to leave my current residence at my parents house in just over a year’s time; a length that is nearly acceptable in hindsight.
Remember how I’m obsessed with 80’s/dreampop meets electronic/shoegaze made popular by bands such as M83? Well here’s Future Islands blowing up the scene with one of their “post wave” ballads. Don your shoulder-padded jackets and throw your teased locks in a scrunchie cause you’re in for a synthorama.